Careers & Employment
This position is designed to lead into our Management position after 6 months with an annual average income of $50,000 plus.
- Assist the store manager in the day to day operations of the store
- Fill in for the Store Manager in their absence
- Assist in management and training of store personnel
- Assure compliance of company standard operating policies regarding Sales, Customer Service, Inventory Management and Store Productivity
- Support the Store Manager in achievement of controllable expenses
- High School diploma or equivalent (some college a plus)
- Excellent written, communication and organizational skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- 2 - 4 year management experience (retail, service or restaurant industry)
- Sales experience a plus, but not required
- Ability to lift merchandise up to 50lbs
- Valid driver's license (any state)
- Clean DMV record
- Own your own vehicle
- Full Benefits package including Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- 401K program with employer matching funds
- Paid vacation and sick
- Clean in store-retail environment only, most locations recently renovated
To join our team of manager trainees visit any one of our 9 locations or email your resume to Employment@Tidewatersewvac.com. Please state the position you are applying for in your email subject.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is over 18, is available to work Monday through Friday, 15-25 hours a week, and has experience in small appliance repair, lawncare equipment, automobile repair or is/was a technician in the Armed Forces. Will work around hours if applicant is enrolled in school.
- Knowledge of small off appliance repair (sewing machine, vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers, burnishers, carpet extractors and upholstery cleaners a plus)
- experienced in the use of hand tools (drills, screwdrivers, ohm meter, air compressor, hammer)
- ability to read a variety of manuals
- ability to lift 30 lbs and stand through entire shift
- ability to function well independently
- ability to present information to others
Pay is based on experience
To apply for the Repair Technician position, visit any one of our 9 locations or email your resume to Employment@Tidewatersewvac.com. Please state the position you are applying for in your email subject.
Tidewater Sew-Vac is looking for talented sewers to become sewing instructors at any of our 9 locations. We offer part-time hours with day, evening and weekend schedules available. You can work:
- while your kids are in school
- while you are off for the summer
- only in the morning
- only in the evening
We are looking for instructors for all levels of Sewing, Embroidery, Serging and even Digitizing. Do you have a passion for sewing? Do you enjoy being with others who share the same passion? Then this is your opportunity to join our team of talented sewing instructors doing what they love - SEWING!
- Fun Spirited
- Knowledgeable in sewing
- Flexible schedule
- 1 year commitment
- Friendly Smile
- Willing to learn new product
As a candidate for this position, you will be required to complete an employment application and submit a resume along with a minimum of 5 sewn samples of your work such as garments you have constructed, items you have embroidered, quilts you have completed or any other items you have sewn, serged or embroidered. All items will be returned to you. If you are interested, please email us at Education@tidewatersewvac.com. You will be provided a date, time and location where you can go to complete your employment application and begin the process of joining our team of talented sewing instructors.
So, what are you waiting for, if you have read this far you must be interested so go ahead and email us today! We're looking forward to hearing from you!